Prayer Targets: Communism; Israel; ObamaNet; Bonhoeffer Moment; RFRA's; Prayer Days; Ceaseless Prayer
March 18, 2015
Now the rest of the acts of Zimri, and his treason that he wrought, are they not written in the book of the Chronicles of the Kings of Israel? 1 Kg 16:20
President Reagan, a focused anti-communist, said, of W. Cleon Skousen’s 1958 book, The Naked Communist, “No one is better qualified to discuss the threat to this nation from communism. You will be alarmed, you will be informed and you'll be glad you heard him.” I’ve previously quoted former FBI Agent Skousen’s riveting book and his list of 45 strategic communist goals to bring down America. Here are just 17 of the 45 (see all 45 goals, Book Reviews):
- Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
- Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
- Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism... Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
- Infiltrate the press... Gain control of key positions in radio, TV and motion pictures.
- Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of (true) artistic expression... "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive meaningless art."
- Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
- Present homosexuality... and promiscuity as "normal, natural, and healthy."
- Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and ...the need for... a "religious crutch."
- Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
- Discredit the...Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations... .
- Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats...
- Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture - education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
- Infiltrate and gain control of more unions and...big business.
- Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
- Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
- Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents.
- Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike.
This demonically-inspired strategy has destroyed much good in our culture and brought much evil. “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people” (Pr 14:34; see also Ps 9:17). We now have myriad new enemies motivated by other false doctrines who are similarly bent on destroying whatever good remains in our culture from the influence of Christianity (Watch this 6-minute video by Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin (USA, Ret.). I urge you also to view the online video of last Saturday’s South Carolina National Security Summit. It is riveting!)
Israeli Election, Senate Probe – Expected to be a super-close race between Israel’s liberal and conservative parties, Christians and Jews worldwide rejoiced to learn that Prime Minister Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu’s conservative Likud party won by a landslide in the Israeli parliamentary system. Likud’s primary rival, the Zionist party, won 24. Netanyahu can now build a strong conservative coalition and continue as Prime Minister. Arab voters came out en masse to defeat Netanyahu and the low early-hours voter turnout looked bad for Netanyahu, but turnout grew “heavy,” later in the day as conservative voters rushed to the polls.
President Obama created a major brouhaha in February by refusing to meet with Netanyahu when he came to speak to Congress in early March. Fifty members of Congress followed suit by boycotting Netanyahu’s speech. The President said he didn’t want to interfere with the Israeli Elections, but it was soon revealed that Obama political campaign operatives were already in Israel, working to defeat Netanyahu. While the President denied any involvement, Fox News reported that members of his campaign team went to Israel with funding from the U.S. State Department, operating under the non-profit OneVoice Movement, to promote the Obama-backed two state solution. Reportedly, they broke off in November to devote themselves to hard electioneering against Netanyahu. The White House says there was no coordination and these political entrepreneurs were free to work for Israeli clients, just as they were Americans. A Senate probe is now under way to find the truth.
The friction between President Obama and Netanyahu has been palpable. The President’s rudeness and disdain toward Netanyahu, Israel’s elected leader, has deeply troubled Bible-believing Christians who understand God’s promise to bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel. Hopefully, God will look upon the strong majority of Americans whom polls show, support Israel, and the bipartisan majority in Congress who do as well. A cynical liberal U.S. press reflects the White House view of Netanyahu’s election (see NYTimes: Deep Wounds and Lingering Questions after Israel’s Bitter Race). A White House spokesman avoided congratulating Netanyahu altogether.
Just hours before the election began, Netanyahu declared that, so long as he is Prime Minister, he will pursue a “One-State Solution” a bold and direct challenge to U.S. policy. It is widely known that Netanyahu conducts a Bible Study in which God’s gift of the land to Israel has been discussed (see Senate Probe; WH Hypocrisy; Perkins: Meddle Detectors; Jewish Press; OneVoice Movement, Netanyahu Bible Study; Election Results; White House Spokesman).
Thank God for the results of this election! May God give Netanyahu and wisdom to build a strong and united conservative coalition that can lead Israel into wise, righteous action! May God bless the Land of Promise with strength, the “stone” He promised it would be in our day (Zech 12:3). May Netanyahu and the Israeli Knesset know how to deal with the U.S., the 5+1 nations, Iran, and its many enemies round about. May President Obama cease his antagonism toward Netanyahu as the American public stands firmly behind him and his God-given land!(Gen 12:1-3; 1 Samuel 17:33; 17:42 ; 1 Chronicles 12:32; 2 Chr 1:10-12; Ps 75:6; 133: all; Proverbs 26:23-27; Zech 12:3)
Government Takeover of the Internet – The internet has been a major factor in keeping America free. FRC and numerous Christian and conservative voices have been able to neutralize the near monopoly of the liberal media and reach large audiences because of an open internet. On February 26, the FCC, under the rubric of “protecting an open internet,” claimed the internet subject to FCC regulation like the telephone industry, effectively downgrading it to a public utility. Minority Republican commissioner Ajit Pai wrote in his dissent, “Why is the FCC turning its back on internet freedom? ... For one reason and one reason alone. President Obama told us to do so.” Experts say it is just a matter of time before the federal government levies a tax on the internet. And while Netflix watchers may benefit in the short run, the now government control of the internet, especially with an administrations that use the pen and phone to create binding law to advance its agenda, is deeply troubling (see Obamanet’s Regulatory Farrago; Internet Tax May be Coming; FCC Announcement).
May violations of the law on the internet be prosecuted; but may the federal government never be allowed to control the internet in a way that restrains religious liberty or free speech, already under assault by many “political correct” internet services and sites (Ex 23:1-3; Is 41:10-11; Is 54:17 Acts 4:18-20; 5:29; Rom 13:1-5).
Finally, please pray over these important matters: 1) Christian Leaders call likely SCOTUS Ruling on Marriage a “Bonhoeffer Moment”; 2) Pro-homosexual activists have obstructed Religious Freedom bills in Oklahoma and Georgia; 3) FRC will conduct a Watchmen on the Wall Pastors Briefing in San Antonio, March 27th; 4) Important upcoming prayer events: the National Day of Repentance, April 30; NDR, National Day of Prayer, May 7; and the Call2Fall, Sunday June 28th. Please visit our website, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, talk to your pastor and urge your friends to plan for Call2Fall now, and help us to build up momentum for the event!
On March 7th, I was privileged, on behalf of FRC, to join with 50 of 100 members of the Congressional Prayer Caucus (CPC), and legislators from across the nation (25 states represented), and prayer leaders associated with the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation(CPCF). Congressman Randy Forbes (R-VA) (who founded the Caucus in 2005) led those present, mostly elected officials, to sign an historic prayer proclamation, calling America “back to God and prayer, not for a single day or a single month, but to pray < strong>"without ceasing" (learn more). Thank you for praying!